Spring Sports Preseason Begins

Drew Potter

Junior Zac Majors and Sophomore Ayron Wu practice at the batting cage.

Emily Humphreys, Reporter

As the winter season for sports is coming to a close, the spring sports are preparing for their upcoming season. Lacrosse, Baseball, Tennis, and Softball are all beginning workouts and preseason practices. 

Preseason workouts and practices are a great way for athletes at RCHS to prepare to begin the spring season. They are also a way for athletes to connect with their team and coaches prior to the season starting. Those bonds being made in preseason lead to a stronger connection of teamwork during the actual season.

Baseball has started their preseason by holding workouts. Those workouts consist of running, fielding drills, pitching bullpens, and hitting drills.

Junior Zac Majors is looking forward to beginning baseball and is participating in the preseason workouts.

“The workouts are going good so I am looking forward to the season,” said Majors.

One of the other sports beginning preseason workouts is girls lacrosse. During the lacrosse preseason, athletes do various things to prepare. A few things are weight lifting, stick drills, stick tricks, and fast-paced games.

Junior Ciara Staton is excited to begin her year playing lacrosse for the Wildcats this spring.

“I’m excited for preseason this year because I feel like we are going to have a great team with great girls,” said Staton. 

Athletes at Rockbridge are looking forward to beginning their spring seasons and building teamwork and new connections this year. Preseason allows them to warm up and get back into the rhythm of their sport.

Rockbridge athletes have been very successful during the winter season and have shown how important being a part of a team is. That teamwork will spread to the spring seasons and prove to be helpful to the success of the athletes.