Counselors Introduce New Classes for Next Year

Maren Jetton

Students can reach out to counselors to make appointments for virtual college meets.

Maren Jetton, Reporter

RCHS has added an abundance of new classes to next year’s curriculum. Most of these classes are electives. They are all currently course request classes, and will only be offered if enough people sign up for them. School Guidance Counselor Rhonda Pedigo is in charge of the class information.

“Potentially, some new classes are Horticulture, Landscaping, and Forest Tree and Wildlife Ecology,” said Pedigo. “We usually have a rotating basis on accounting every other year. A firefighter class will be added to the list next year as well.”

This year there was a class offered called Communications Systems, and as of next year they will be able to continue this path with Graphic Communications. This year, Introductions for Teachers of Tomorrow was introduced, and will continue next year. If enough students get involved with that, the students enrolled will be able to go to classrooms and get experience in the field.

“One class is having its name changed. It was called UAVS I and II (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Studies), in which students learned about drones,” said Pedigo. “This class will now be called Aerospace Technology. Juniors next year will have the opportunity to take welding off campus.”

As part of the dual graduation program, British Literature Dual Enrollment, Government Dual Enrollment, and Intro to Philosophy Dual Enrollment may be brought back after being gone for a few years. 

“These new classes will enable students to fill their schedules with more interesting options,” said Pedigo. “If students are interested enough, there may even be a percussion class.”