Wildcats Return to School

Seamus Looney, Reporter

The return to school for upperclassmen is just around the corner. Although freshmen began school on Tuesday, Nov. 10. Students are given the option whether to go back or stay virtual. Students and their families were instructed to fill out a survey regarding going back to school . Some elected to go back while others are deciding to continue doing online.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Junior Braden Hamilton will be participating in the hybrid plan and going back to school.

“I will be going back to school because it adds more structure to my day. Throughout the first nine weeks of online school, everyday has felt the same,” said Hamilton. “I am looking forward to a change of setting where something new happens everyday.”

Hamilton is also looking forward to seeing the other students of Rockbridge County High School. On the other hand, students like Junior Mary Denson have decided not to go back to school.

“I will not be going back to school,” said Denson. “I personally enjoy the freedom that is offered in virtual school, and it has been a lot less stressful for me. I also have a job during the day, and staying virtual allows me to do both school and work.”

Some students are taking an adaptive approach on the upcoming opportunity. They are planning on going to school and seeing how they like it before ultimately deciding whether or not they would like to go back. One of these students happens to be Junior Daniel Carter.

“I want to test the hybrid schedule and see whether or not I think it would be beneficial for me,” said Carter. “Obviously it would be cool to see friends at school, and I like the structure that comes with it, but I also enjoy the freedom that comes with online school.”

Overall, students are given the decision whether or not to return. There is a recent Wildcat Weekly that goes over all of the processes that come with returning to school.      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zQxKvfu-xw