Hallie Darmante
Hallie Darmante
Social Media Manager

Senior Hallie Darmante is a third-year member of the Prowler Staff. She is currently their social media manager and a Wildcat Weekly team editor. She is looking forward to working alongside her fellow...

Is The New Willy Wonka Worth The Watch.

Willy Wonka Chocolate Bar Illustration
Tommy Davis
Willy Wonka Chocolate Bar Illustration

With the new Willy Wonka movie recently being released on December 15, 2023, students and others may be wondering if it’s worth watching. Willy, played by Timothee Chalamet and Noodle, played by Calah Lane are the main characters. The rest of the roles are played by an all star cast.
The movie “Willy Wonka” has a four star ranking. In the movie Wonka has big dreams of opening a chocolate shop. While faced with many obstacles, Wonka manages to get through all of them with a little help from Noodle.
Having a story about a man who makes magical-like chocolate seems like a story that would struggle to make sense. The new “Willy Wonka” did not defy the odds, and the plot was very confusing. The plot seemed very rushed and didn’t take enough time explaining or developing any of the characters. Some of the characters do not even tie into the original movie.
Out of all the good and bad components of the movie, the visual effects were by far the best. With bright colors, and wondrous sets, the movie never fell short of providing a great look. Throughout the duration of the movie, it felt as though it was always easy on the eye and never got bland.
The acting and singing was overall very appealing, with a variety of well-written and sung songs, met with impressive dance numbers. Having some of the same songs as the old movie along with some new ones was a nice touch. Although the acting was appealing most of the time, there were a couple of scenes where the acting felt uncomfortable.
Overall, there were many good qualities of the film, and many bad qualities as well. Depending on what someone enjoys in the film could generate a stronger opinion on “Willy Wonka”. Even with the lowlights of the movie, it is definitely worth experiencing.
“Some people come out to support the cause and could care less about the basketball. Others love high school basketball and enjoy the all day format where they can watch game after game. In our previous years we have had a handful of McDonald’s All Americans participate as well as quite a few that have went on to play major college basketball and currently play in the NBA and NFL,” claimed Patterson.
Rock the Ribbon is worth going to. No matter if you come to support a charity, to watch amazing players play, or both, going to it