Venom: Let There Be Carnage Movie Review

“Venom: Let There Be Carnage” movie poster, courtesy of IMDB

Stephen Wells, Reporter

Venom: Let There Be Carnage released on Friday, Oct. 1, 2021 as a consequent movie of the precursor Venom 2018 film. Both the prequel and sequel are rated PG-13 for violence, action, moderate use of language, disturbing images, and suggestive references. 

If you are a Marvel movie fan, you can say to some extent that the gory CGI used in the moviewis not entirely disturbing but rather for the emphasis on certain elements of the story. Aside from disturbing images, the moderate use of language by Eddie Brock, who is played by Tom Hardy, is a necessity to detail his rough, indistinguishable character. Through this comic originated program, Eddie succumbs to a symbiote who takes on a mutual symbiotic relationship resulting in his life being changed catastrophically. 

As a 97 minute film, it tends to feel as if time is slowing down through each scene. Even though it is designated as a Sci-fi/Action, it feels as if it is a faster-paced documentary at some points. However, it is cut about half an hour less than its precursor, Venom. The meat of this story consists of a continued villain backstory with an added twist. And, if you were to understand this content better, then watching the pioneer flick would be assisting. Many inside jokes, references, and details come from the earlier movie. Especially Brock’s relationship with his ex-girlfriend and the local police department. 

The cast in the movie is uncriticizable. Every role was made even more forthcoming than their past performance. Tom Hardy, Michelle Williams, and Woody Harrelson made the movie a sight to see. The same conflicts, tension, and weirdness between characters were brought up diligently into this one. To be exact, Eddie Brock’s character was portrayed extravagantly. An erratic, straightforward personality was shown through the plot development and rising conflicts. 

Entirely, there were no major let-downs to this masterpiece of a Marvel movie. Characters were spot-on, conflicts were displayed accordingly, and the plot ended well in a hero-type finale. Yet another problem has been solved by the reporter, Eddie Brock, and his symbiote, Venom. An addition to the stereotypical hero movie ending, a post-credits scene was included. This entails even more than Thanos could hold in his humongous sized head. 

Overall, this film brought together a long awaited paper to screen animation of the Venom comics. To those who watched the previous made movie, it must have been an exciting event. Even to bring up the whole mood of your day and possibly the whole week. From my experience of spectating the vast collection of marvel superhero and villain movies, this by far is on my top 5. To put it justly, A-tier would suit this film as well. In the end, it is a must watch for anyone. Either you are a mediocre enjoyer of these movies or an extreme die-hard, you need to experience a true anti-hero duo movie, and even better is to watch both in this fantastic movie series.