A Newly Elected Executive Council

Maxwell Pearson, Reporter

In the midst of the year ending, a new slate of students have been elected to serve on the 2021-2022 Executive Council for the RCHS SCA. The student body casted their votes for the election starting May 7, and the results were announced on May 10. The council consists of seven students who have shown exceptional leadership skills and a desire for the betterment of our school. The council members are Junior Blake Darmante as President, Sophomore Maxwell Pearson as Vice President, Junior Parizad Irani as Secretary, Sophomore Sofia Vargas as Reporter, Sophomore Ali Pfaff as Treasurer, and Juniors Keswick Owens and Kinsie Ellis as Blue and Silver Chairs. The Executive Council is led by the new SCA sponsor, Jamie Vest. Vest is thrilled with the slate of council members and is excited to start the new year.

“This year’s council is stacked with amazing students, all with incredible school spirit and fun personalities,” said Vest.

The Executive Council is diving right into its duties as the upcoming year is filled with events all under the SCA’s leadership such as Freshman Orientation, Spirit Week, and Homecoming. Additionally, the Executive Council is making the rekindling of RCHS spirit and community its first priority. President Darmante is ready to take action with the council to bring the Wildcat Pride back to life.

“What we are really excited to bring back is a sense of connection,” said Darmante. “Being out of school for an entire year has made it challenging for a lot of students to feel like they are part of the RCHS community.”

One of the ways to achieve this revival is to increase student involvement by hosting dances, pep rallies, fundraisers, and other events. The Executive Council is already meeting to plan for these events that will make each student’s high school career a special one.

“I am a graduate of RCHS and have fond memories of fun spirit events throughout high school, and I hope we can bring back that enthusiasm and pride,” said Vest.

The council members are aware of the hefty task ahead of them but they are chomping at the bit to get started.

“I am really excited to work on bringing school all together again,” said Irani. “After being separated for almost a year-and-a-half, I think it’s super important that we work to become one community again.”