Seniors Thoughts Going into the Second Semester

Seniors hold up the spirit stick after winning first place.

Kinsie Ellis, Reporter

As the RCHS senior class advances into the final semester of their senior year, students are looking forward to many  opportunities and experiences. While there are many challenges that come with being in the final year of high school, there are also many exciting perks to coming to the end of your high school career.

Some students are enjoying the winding down of senior year. Once college applications are submitted many seniors feel as though the most difficult part of the year is over. They tend to become more relaxed and finally let themselves loosen up a bit. 

Senior Danny Carter said “I feel less stressed than ever.”.

However, other students are really feeling the increased responsibilities and pressure that comes with adulthood. They are ready for a new chapter of life and are tired of the mundane aspects of highschool.   

“Going into my second semester of senior year I am feeling completely drained and senioritis is in full effect as I dread every morning I have to go to class,” said Will Wranek.

Many students are still feeling the anxieties of applying to college before final deadlines. Other students are waiting to receive their college decision or are applying for financial aid. They are trying to figure out their future plans while taking in their last moments of highschool.

Hannah Strickler said, “I can’t wait to decide what college I will be attending next year all while finishing my last year of highschool making memories that will last a lifetime.” With all of the responsibilities of senior year it can be hard to take in the last moments of your childhood. The future is exciting, but it can be bittersweet.