Hull’s Hosts Another Successful Trivium Movie Night

Hull’s patrons watch a magic show performed by local Mark Cline as Willy Wonka. Photo taken by Maxwell Pearson.

Maxwell Pearson, Editor-in-Chief

On March 18, the RCHS Trivium partnered with Hull’s Drive-In to put on a fundraiser during Hull’s opening weekend. The Trivium, RCHS’s Photojournalism program, hosts this fundraiser each year to raise money for the yearbook to lower the retail cost for students. 

This year, the Trivium chose “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” to be shown. Mr. Brian Hamelman, the Trivium’s sponsor, worked with the staff to make this decision.

“We like to choose movies that are accessible and fun for students, but also nostalgic to the locals,” said Hamelman.

The night’s festivities went along with the theme of the movie. Lexington’s Cocoa Mill also partnered with the Trivium by providing 50 chocolate bars to be distributed and a Golden Ticket to be won in a raffle before the start of the movie. Mark Cline, a local performer, put on skits for the audience involving magic and candy while dressed up as Willy Wonka.

Before the start of the movie, a feature film was shown on the big screen, written, directed, and filmed by the Trivium staff, led by senior Editor-in-Chief Emma Brooke.

“We do this to advertise our class to fellow peers and create something fun for the community to connect with,” said Brooke.

This year’s film went along with the theme of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, telling the story of Charlie Robinson, played by senior Cohen Paxton, taking over the role of Editor-in-Chief of the Trivium. The film also featured other members of the class such as seniors Lily Youngman, Emma Brooke, McKenzie Poulsen, Miles Williams, junior Sawyer Hattersley, and sophomore Drew Potter.

“The process behind making the movie is an extensive group endeavor,” said Brooke. “We spend weeks planning and discussing our movie and a few weeks to film and edit.”

The night was a huge success, thanks to Hull’s staff, Cocoa Mill, and the supporters from around the county who came to participate in the fundraiser.

“The whole night came together really well, and it all felt quite magical,” said Hamelman. 

For more information about the Trivium, email [email protected] and for tickets for upcoming Hull’s Drive-In events, visit their website.