The student news site of Rockbridge County High School

THE PROWLER

THE PROWLER

THE PROWLER

Meet the Staff
Addie Flint
Addie Flint
Managing Editor

Junior Addie Flint is a second-year Prowler reporter who is thrilled to keep you in the know. This year, Flint is the Managing Editor for the Prowler Staff.  In addition to the Prowler, Flint serves on...

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this article belong to the reporter, and do not reflect the views held by Rockbridge County High School, the Prowler Staff, and its members.

Manufacturing Classes Crush Their Goals

Colter Bennett
Manufacturing Students stand in front of Adirondack chairs.

Manufacturing is making waves with project based learning as their class has made 11 Adirondack chairs in eight weeks, shedding off 2-4 weeks of expected time. This all started when Rockbridge Vineyards asked Mr. Colter Bennett to make them some chairs for their vineyard. 

Bennett left this in the hands of the students, letting them plan and coordinate everything. 

“We had 100% participation in this, which is a huge change from last year… I thought the students did a fabulous job with their time,” said Bennett.

This project was a twelve-step process for the students and they worked hard to stay on task and get every step done. Especially considering they managed to do all of this while in tents outside due to the renovations. The tents really uprooted the students from their usual environment and made machinery more complicated to work with. 

Furthermore, the extra chairs will be for sale, bringing profit to the class. Which for Bennett, was a notable goal. The students and their teacher are trying to be more involved in the community, with this project being the first big step taken to do so.”This is the first project the Manufacturing program has done and provided to the community. I hope that in the future, we can continue to support Rockbridge County and the surrounding area and really make an impact.” stated Bennett.

Overall, Bennett and the class completed this project very quickly and plan to do many more in the future.