Quincy McCall Speers is a Junior at Rockbridge County High School and a first year Prowler member.  He is a Co-President of the RCHS Outing Club and loves to use words such as, “word, real, unreal,...

X-Factor Interests Students with it’s Big Move

Amber Carter
X-Factor’s (XFS) new building here in Lexington, Virginia

The large business “X-Factor”, also known as “XFS Global”, is an ISO certified business that is a Service Disabled Veteran-owned American company. The business has recently moved from Henderson, Nevada to our little city, Lexington. They are located in the depths of Natural Bridge, and although you may not notice the company as you pass by it, its work and accomplishments are well known in the military world.

Why is it so well known in the military world? That’s because they create, build, and sell shelter systems. They are there to build large tents, to house planes and other military needs, and in some cases they create tents for different reasons. These shelters are able to withstand any kind of weather, keeping everything inside safe and secure. They make sure their shelters are safe and put their product through many tests so that their customers can rely on the product and the company. The company ensures that their excellent craftsmanship and manufacturing is fit and worthy of the tag “Made in the USA”.

Julie Appleford, the office and HR manager at XFS Global explains that her job is important. 

“I manage the day to day operations, plan travel for employees and guests, and directly support the President and CEO. I am also the Human Resource Manager who is in charge of hiring new employees and ensuring that all the employees are supported, trained, and given the opportunity for growth within the company” said Appleford.  

Appleford  expresses how much the company makes sure that their employees are well taken care of and supported. If you ever find yourself getting an interview for a job at this company, you’re sure to meet Appleford .

The company has accomplished many things and are most known for their Large Aircraft Maintenance Shelters, LAMS, for the military and some other businesses. These shelters have been placed all over the world, most of them on military bases. The company has accomplished lots, but they still have great goals for the future. For example, Appleford said, “We continue to grow our product line and change our current shelter line to meet the needs of our customers. We listen to what they need and find solutions to meet that need.” 

The company believes in an open door policy, meaning that everyone is free to express themselves to management. They make sure that their employees feel welcomed and appreciated for all the work they do and have accomplished.

The company also plans to create an Internship program at the facility. If you want more information about the company or want to get in contact with them feel free to visit: https://www.xfactorsg.com/