Sophomore Olivia Hickman is a first year reporter for the Prowler. She joined journalism because she enjoyed Mrs. Holton's English class last year. When she is not at school, Hickman enjoys riding her...

Aliens found in mexico?

As unbelievable as it sounds, on Sept. 12, two alleged extraterrestrial corpses were presented before the Mexican congress by Jaime Maussan. Maussan, a self proclaimed ufologist, someone who studies UFOs, has devoted much of his life to the pursuit of extraterrestrials. 

According to Nation Public Radio (NPR), Maussan has made claims like these in the past which have been dismissed by scientists as manufactured or Peruvian mummies. Maussan’s past frauds have led many to question the validity of this new claim, but despite this, many experts continue to analyze and chime in on this new claim. 

So far, the tests have garnered that the bodies were not manipulated or put together, but have not confirmed whether or not they are extraterrestrial. This new story comes at an opportune moment in history, with videos of “ufo” sightings released by the US government adding to many people’s curiosity about the possibility of aliens. 

In an interview with CNN,Neil DeGrasse Tyson, an astrophysicist, expressed some doubt due to  the characteristics of the aliens. 

“They had two eyes, a nose, a mouth, shoulders, hips, femur, along with other human-like features,” said Tyson.

Tyson said he  was happy to see that they were allowing the public to do tests rather than keeping it a secret. 

In an interview with Rockbridge County Biology Teacher Ms. Theresa Ritter, she stated,

“I do not believe in aliens,” said Ritter, citing the fact that no life outside of earth has ever been found. 

Junior Paul Drumbl however holds out hope, “I believe that there are aliens out there somewhere. Our universe is so expansive and I find it hard to believe that life doesn’t exist outside.” said Drumbl. 

As of right now, there is no right answer to the question of alien life, and humanity can do nothing but stare into the stars and wonder if anything is staring back.