Riot Games Review

Image obtained at IMDb

Sarah Phelps, Reporter

Famously known for “League of Legends,” Riot Games has become increasingly popular among computer players. With its growing popularity, numerous games, short videos, and even a new show has been produced.

Over quarantine during 2020 and 2021, I dug myself into the grave of games, my favorites being “Valorant.” I had not heard much about Riot Games outside of  “Valorant,” and had only learned about “League of Legends” when the new show, “Arcane,” came out.

Sophia Tryon, a junior and computer game player, recently watched the new show.

“I really like the show since I have yet to have seen a show based off of a game. I think it brings something new, and even the animation style is cool,” said Tryon.

“Arcane” was successful in adding packed backstories and emotion to a set of characters that already existed in “League of Legends.” The character depth added was intricate, giving meaning to why a character acts the way they act and to the relationships each of the characters have in the game.

Riot Games keeps the backstories interesting regardless of the game. “Valorant” has many videos that each barely provide a sneak peak into the character’s lives, but it is just enough to keep the player begging for more. Personally, a part of me roots for “Arcane” to be successful in hopes of a show for “Valorant” to come out.

Whether it is the gameplay that draws players in or the backstories, “Valorant,” with 12 million players, and “League of Legends,” with 180 million players, have been two extremely successful games.

“I do think Riot Games produces good games. They offer the players variety and they produce good quality games,” said Tryon.

On top of successful games and shows, Riot Games collabed with the band Imagine Dragons. One of the band’s songs is featured in “Arcane” and they have had a collaboration with a music video for the song, “Enemy.” Aside from that, the band’s song, “Warriors,” is also a popular theme for “League of Legends.”

Over time, Riot Games has been building their fame and are reaching a peak. The show, for me, was an exciting experience- just as watching the lore videos for “Valorant” had been exciting. The company has yet to disappoint with their creativity and quality. As time goes by, I can only hope that Riot Games produces more games and shows.