Students Have High Hopes for the Release of Yung Swavo’s New Album

Yung Swavo’s debut album , “Sorry for the Wait”.

Seamus Looney, Reporter

Rockbridge County Athletics star junior, Daronde Stores, is not only making hits on the football field, but also in the studio under the name, Yung Swavo. 

Yung Swavo took Rockbridge County by storm over the summer with his hit single, “Hellcats to Trackhawks” featuring Roanoke rapper 4uncho. The song amounted to over 1,000 plays across all platforms and left fans wanting more. From chants at football games to social media posts, the people could not get enough. 

“Swavo is up next, man” said Rockbridge County junior Peyton Jay, “‘Hellcats to Trackhawks’ is just the beginning and proves that he has the potential to take his music to the next level. We just need more, then people can hear the real Swavo.”

Stores answered the call and got back in the studio. His new album “Sorry for the wait” is set to release Nov. 16, 2021.

Yung Swavo is taking a new approach to his music by experimenting with his new album by proving he is a versatile artist by showing not just his rapping ability, but singing as well.

“It’s a nine song album,” said Stores, “I tried some new things in some songs that took me out of my comfort zone but I think the fans will enjoy it and the work I put in.”

Stores is not the only one with high expectations for the album. Fans and friends are looking forward to the album’s release.

“I am really excited to listen to my boy’s work” said junior Isaiah Williams, “He has put in a lot of time into it and I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I am going to and give it the recognition it deserves.”

As a result of Yung Swavo’s first album he hopes to gain more clout in the industry and start releasing music on a more normal schedule.

“Hopefully I can gain some more fans and satisfy the ones I already have,” said Stores, “I am also hoping to expand my horizons and find more people to collab with for my next project and maybe take this rapping stuff to the next level.”