Students Jobs

Morgan Slusser, Reporter

On top of schoolwork, sports, and family activities, many students also have jobs. Student jobs are all different and require unique skills. Many students acquire jobs in restaurants, grocery stores, and so much more. After interviewing JT Loughead, Kenzie Moyers, and Olivia Vanness, I have obtained a better understanding of different jobs students have and what a typical shift looks like for them. 

Junior JT Loughead works as a cart boy at the Lexington Golf and Country Club. 

“A normal shift is from 2:00 p.m. to about 7:30 p.m.,” said Loughead. “ I clean carts and golf balls as well as pick the range before closing. Overall, I have enjoyed working and have fun while doing my job.” 

Senior Kenzie Moyers works as a cashier at the local Walmart. She works three to four days a week and works a 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. shift. 

“A shift for me starts really busy around 2:00 p.m. in the evening,”said  Moyers.” Business slows down around 7:00 p.m., and it’s more relaxing. Although I’ve only had the job for about a month, I really enjoy the environment and people I work alongside.” 

Sophomore Olivia Vaness works part time at Franks. She works behind the counter taking orders and answering call-in orders. 

“ A shift is never really normal at Franks,” said Vaness.” Everyday we have different people and orders, and it can be stressful sometimes. That being said, I really enjoy my job and  the people I work with. My favorite part of the job is seeing people I know come in and meeting new people.”