Homecoming Outfits Out Of This World

Evan Roney, Arts & Style Editor

The 2022 Homecoming theme was Intergalactic, which gave way to many unique interpretations of this theme seen by students’ outfits. 

The dance itself was filled with a large variety of space themed decorations including aliens, planets, spaceships, UFOs, stars, and lights.

Many students wore black to fit the general theme of space, some having black with sparkles to simulate space and stars. Homecoming King Garret Stillwell was seen wearing all black for the dance while Homecoming Queen Emma Brooke wore a silver sparkly dress. 

There was also a bright, neon color trend as students tried to fit an alien theme. Senior Sophia Fafatas wore a neon green dress.

“To fit the theme of aliens I decided to wear a neon green dress, I thought it was really creative,” said Fafatas.

Though some students dressed to the theme, a majority of the students were wearing traditional homecoming clothing, such as slacks and a dress shirt or a plain colored dress.

Senior Ryan Squire speaks about the quality of the outfits seen at the dance.

“Never before have I seen such fine fabrics, there were so many interesting designs and all the matching couples looked fantastic,” said Squire.

Most of the girls wore heels before Homecoming for pictures, and then later took them off for the dance. Some brought sneakers to change into during the dance as to prevent getting stepped on and becoming injured. Senior Elizabeth McClung brought a change of sneakers for the dance.