A Loss Will Not Stop Rockbridge Girl’s Soccer

The girls celebrating a goal.

Sarah Phelps, Reporter

On March 22, the girl’s soccer team played against Stuarts Draft in a home game. Junior varsity tied with a score of 0-0 and varsity lost with a score of 1-2.

Varsity player and junior Jenasie Winterton shared her highlight of the game.

“My favorite part was probably the yellow card I got after taking out their best player, or one of many runs by Madelyn Jones that lead to multiple shots on goal by her,” said Winterton.

Varsity player and freshman Madelyn Jones also shared her highlight of the game.

The highlight of the game had to be when Sophie Vought scored a goal after the ball deflected off of the goal post. It was the first point of the game and made our team adrenaline pumped and ready to keep going,” said Jones.

As of this game, the team has yet to win a game. Varsity coach B.J. Flack shares the current record for the team.

“This was our third game and we do not have a win yet.  We have losses of 6-3, 2-1 in OT and 2-1.  And we are good with this.  The results so far this season are better than last year and we continue to work together to improve,” said Flack.

As the girl’s soccer team continues to make a huge improvement, Flack adds his highlight of the game.

“Honestly, my highlight is that the girls were committed to each other, playing with care and positivity throughout the evening and it showed in how we played against a quality opponent.  The game is supposed to be fun and the team definitely had a great time together even in defeat,” said Flack.

To see when future games are and where they are, check out Rockbridge County High School’s athletic page (https://rockbridgeathletics.com/page/2929).