Jack Jensen
Jack Jensen
Reporter

Jack Jensen is a junior who is in his first year on the Prowler staff. This year, Jensen will work as a reporter. Jensen is excited to construct some swag articles and create fire Wildcat Weekly videos....

Wildcats Fall to the Cougars

To make the record 0-3, the ‘Cats lost to Allegheny High School Sept 8. The final score was 8-51. 

Although the highlights for the ‘Cats were slim, there were a few memorable plays. 

Junior safety Eli Fox caught a pitch from junior quarterback Jayden Layman, which Fox ran to the outside. Sophomore defensive end Price Lunsford blocked for Fox so he could make it to the twenty yard line, where he was finally brought down by the Cougar defense. 

The play after, Fox ran the ball into the endzone to put 6 points on the board. Layman threw a dart to junior tight end JP Welsh for the 2 point conversion. 

Welsh comments on the game. 

“I feel like we started off really strong, but it quickly went downhill at the end of the first half,” said Welsh. 

The student section did not disappoint with the theme, Construction, they kept their hard hats on and continued the great energy. 

With only a few minutes left in the first half, lightning was spotted close range to the field and caused the game to be  put on hold for half an hour. Fans were asked to evacuate the stands to wait out the lightning from the safety of their vehicles. 

While the lightning  scared off some fans, the majority of the student section and parents remained to finish out the rest of the game. One thing is for sure, the spirit that students have for the athletics at Rockbridge are nothing short of phenomenal. Sometimes it’s difficult to cheer through a game where your team is losing, but the RCHS student section does a great job of having spirit for the players working hard on the field. 

The ‘Cats play next at Blacksburg on Sept. 15.