FBLA Pandemic Approach

Evan Roney, Reporter

Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) is a club that helps high school students prepare for careers in business through academic competitions ,and it develops leadership within each of its members. FBLA Sponsor Mike Lenoir leads the club at RCHS and has been helping it  succeed while also making sure its events follow COVID-19 safety guidelines .

The club has had a few virtual meetings so far and has devised some strategies for its members to engage in club related activities. This week, FBLA will host Wendy Orrison, owner of FLEX Fitness Studio. Orrison will speak about how she runs a business, and there will also be  time for the students to ask her questions. This event will give students an idea on what it is like to be a local business owner and what challenges may come with this career . FBLA also plans on having a fundraiser this December for project ASK (Association for the Support of Children with Cancer), a non-profit organization that helps families who have children with cancer. 

FBLA has been holding live meetings for members to stay safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, and they plan to stay completely virtual when hybrid schooling starts. Doing so will make sure that none of the students who continue virtual learning will feel left out. Cheyanne Clark, a student member of the FBLA club commented on the virtual meetings she has been attending.

“I really had a good time attending,” said Clark.“The leaders and the teachers made it feel welcoming. I was very comfortable sharing my ideas.”