RCHS Cat’s Share Their Favorite Music

Students express their favorite music at RCHS and here are their top favorites.

Cameron Terry, Reporter

Music can bring people together in so many ways through melody, beats, and especially lyrics. Music has the ability to make you happy or sad. It is a way to express your emotions whether you are listening to it in the comfort of your shower or singing it out loud with friends. 

Lily Thomas is a freshman at RCHS. She shares that her favorite genre of music is country. 

“My favorite song is “God Gave Me You” by Blake Shelton because it has a good beat,” said Thomas. 

Sophomore Brooklyn Kerr’s favorite genre of music is also country.

“My favorite song is “If It Wasn’t For Trucks” by Riley Green because it’s a good back-roads song,” said Kerr. 

Emma Clark, a sophomore at RCHS, brings it back in time with a throw back song.

“My favorite song is “Baby” by Justin Bieber because he’s the best,” said Clark.

In addition to popular radio songs, RCHS has a talented marching band. The Marching Wildcats go to competitions and they entertain the crowd at halftime on Friday night home football games. In addition to a stellar halftime show, they play the Fight Song after each touchdown.

Caleb Robinson is a freshman at RCHS and plays in the band.

“My favorite song is “The Procession of the Sorcerers” because it is easy to play and I like the rhythm and beat,”  said Robison. 

From blasting music as loud as possible in the senior parking lot, to secretly listening to some Taylor Swift in class, music is all around RCHS.  Music can let you express who you are whether you are a country lover, Justin Bieber obsessor, or a pop fanatic.