Senior Class Council Begins to Plan Homecoming

RCHS Senior Class Council getting together to announce the 2022 Homecoming theme.

Reagan Woody, Opinion-In-Chief

Once every year, RCHS students gather together in the gym to dance the night away at the annual Homecoming dance. Planned by the Senior Class Student Council, the annual homecoming dance will be held on Oct. 22, 2022 in the RCHS gymnasium. This year, the council decided to theme the dance “Intergalactic.” 

Senior Class Council Vice President Garrett Stillwell shares what the Senior Class Council has done to prepare for the homecoming dance. 

“What we have done is we have met a lot over the summer, where we have initially tried to decide a theme. With that we thought of spirit days and hallway decorating and we thought what the student body would like the most out of all of our options,” said Stillwell. 

Stillwell continued by explaining the differences from planning last year’s homecoming dance to this year’s planning. 

“We met a lot over the summer to discuss the finer details. [This year] we can afford to do bigger things. Last year, we were really cutting corners and trying to make sure that we could still have [everything], [but] this year we have a much bigger budget that allows us to have a lot more freedom [while planning],” said Stillwell. 

Senior Council SCA sponsor Mrs. Kimberly Henk shares her thoughts on the Senior Class Council’s homecoming planning. 

“Alot of it has been the students [planning], and the council has been doing a lot of good. We have just been sort of guiding them and pushing them as to the things they need to do.” said Henk. “Everything we have asked them to do, they have come through,” said Henk. 

Senior Class SCA sponsor Mrs. Carrie Dietz expresses her experience with the Senior Class Council’s preparation for the homecoming dance.

“Our council has done a lot. Over the summer, they met a lot and they got ideas for different themes and how it was going to work out. They made their silly Stranger Things video for the welcome video, and then they actually met last weekend to make another video for the theme drop that is coming on Friday,” said Dietz. 

As the Senior Class Council continues to plan for the annual Homecoming dance, students can keep a lookout for the hallway decorating and spirit day themes to be announced.