Gundacker Joins the History Department

Mr. Gundacker going over the bellringer with his students. Photo taken by Cameron Terry.

Cameron Terry, Reporter

Mr. Paul Gundacker is a seventh year teacher and has just begun his first year teaching at RCHS. He is originally from Chesapeake, Virginia. He began his teaching career at Martinsville City Public Schools in Virginia. He then moved to Craig County Public Schools prior to coming to Rockbridge. 

Mr. Gundacker was mainly attracted to Rockbridge because it reminded him of his hometown, which has mountains and a close knit community. Mr. Gundacker has always wanted to teach history and enjoys the challenges that come with it. When he is not teaching, he enjoys reading and caring for his lawn.

Students enjoy Mr. Gundackers caring personality and great teaching style. 

Freshman Avery Mcdaniel is enrolled in Mr Gundackers World History Class.

“Mr Gundacker is not very strict and he laughs with us. He isn’t trying to be cool, he just is,” said Mcdaniel.

His coworkers also enjoy his company as well. Mr Gallagher works in the history department alongside Mr. Gundacker.

“He’s been a really great addition to our team; he’s come in, he’s been a team player, and he’s been willing to help out,” said Gallagher.

The Wildcats are very glad to have Mr. Gundacker be a part of our school and can’t wait to see what else he has to offer.