Outer Banks Season Three, Wows fans

The Lariat

OBX season 3 poster courtesy of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) , from IMDB

Cameron Terry, Reporter

During the pandemic the show Outer Banks was released by Netflix. The show takes place in the Outer Banks in South Carolina. John B’s dad, Big John, has been lost at sea looking for gold. There are unsolved murders on the island that all trace back to the treasure as well. In the beginning of season three the treasure has still not been found, nor has Big John. The Cameron’s family played a big role in this season as they began to crumble. Rafe owes money, Sarah is now hanging out with the Pouges and Ward welcoming John B to stay in their house. At the end of the season two John B pieces together that Ward is the reason that Big John is missing. Ward fakes his own death and flees the Outer Banks. 

Alert Spoilers for season 3 ahead. On Feb. 23 2023 Netflix released season three of Outer Banks containing ten new episodes. The Pogues began on the island where they were left stranded in the previous season. They saw a plane flying over and were able to wave him down; the plane landed and pogues said their goodbyes to the island and boarded the plane with the stranger. Very quickly they realized something wasn’t right and tried to hijack the plane. That plan didn’t work well and they wound up landing in the Bahamas where they were wanted. On this island Kiara was kidnapped, but John B was reunited with his dad. 

Jackson Harlin enjoyed the new season and gave us his take on it.

“I liked the new season because of John B’s mystery and him getting reunited was a nice surprise.”

Fans loved the new season with the unexpected plot changes and the cliffhanger at the end. The episodes were full of surprises that kept watchers on the edge of their seats. There were new romances and reuniting of long lost friends and family. 

Freshman Lillian Woody shares her thoughts on the thrilling new season. 

“It’s a good mix of mystery, suspense and romance to keep you interested,”said Woody. 

With the introduction of new characters like Kira’s kidnappers and Big John, it added a new aspect into the show. It was a heartwarming scene to see John B reunited with his dad. Big John did cause issues between John B and Sarah by asking him to keep secrets from her which was frustrating to watch for most viewers.

Season four and five will be the last season and fans are on the edge of their seats with anticipation for what new treasure will be found.