Senior Class Preparing For Homecoming

Seniors begin putting up decorations for spirit week.

Kinsie Ellis, Reporter

Recently the Senior Class Council announced the 2021 RCHS Homecoming theme will be Once Upon a Time. Disney movies will inspire the class and hallway decoration themes. The Freshman class was assigned “Tangled,” Sophomore class was assigned “Peter Pan,” Juniors were assigned “Alice in Wonderland,” and Seniors were given “Cinderella.”

Unlike past years, students will be using 7th period on the Friday before Homecoming to decorate hallways. The Senior council has been meeting weekly to plan out the spirit days and decorations. Senior class Vice President, Clara Fleshman, was asked how their planning is going. 

“We chose the theme Disney, because we wanted something different than past years,”said Fleshman. We gave each grade a different hallway theme and assigned each day of homecoming week a different spirit day relating to Disney movies,” said Fleshman.

They have decided to use Disney movies like “Lilo and Stitch,” “Sleeping Beauty,” “Toy Story,” and “Monsters University” to go along with popular spirit days that RCHS has done in the past like: pajama day, western, hawaiian, and school colors. There will be a spirit competition and points will be tallied during lunches. With the recent decision from the Superintendent to move homecoming outside, the senior class is meeting to discuss setup and decorations. 

The dance will take place Oct. 9 2021. Tickets sales will start Monday Oct. 5 during lunches. Tickets will be 10 dollars a piece. Contact RCHS senior class counsel for additional information.