New Restaurants Bring Excitement to Lexington

Cameron Terry, Reporter

The community is continually growing and advancing with new technology and resources and recently, there has been a grand announcement that Lexington will be getting a Chick-fil-a on Russell Cave Road, Jersey Mike’s 1225 N Lee Highway Lexington, Va 24450, and Starbucks in the old bank in College Square.

The preparation has begun. The land for the Chick-fil-A building is being prepped and cleared, the building for Starbucks now has a retaining wall, and the building for Jersey Mikes is being renovated.

Senior Abby Whitesell gave her input on the new restaurants.

“I’m excited about Chick-fil-A coming because it means more job opportunities,” said Whitesell.

As well as the benefits of jobs and opportunities, the building of these restaurants can offer so much more to our community. It will attract people traveling and help show how much Lexington has to offer. It will bring new people from all over the country while traveling which will help bring new ideas and beliefs to Lexington and help in the advancements. 

Sophomore Lily Clark shared her thoughts on Rockbridge County advancing. 

“I’m excited for Jersey Mikes because it will give Rockbridge more of a variety and it will thrive in Rockbridge,” said Clark.

Not only will the new restaurants provide jobs for students but also a place to hang out with friends and enjoy the food. 

As well as food, coffees on-the-go are a great way to start a morning off. Students at RCHS are excited to be able to drive through on the way to school and grab a quick drink and breakfast from Starbucks.