Competition Cheerleading Flies Their Way Into Victory

The Competition Cheerleading team competing at districts. PC: @_cat_pack_

Reagan Woody, Opinion Editor

On Oct. 14, 2021, Rockbridge County High School’s competitive cheerleading team competed at the 2021 district competition, and placed second overall. By coming in second place, this allows for the competitive cheer team to advance to the region competition. With regions scheduled for Oct. 23, Junior class competitive cheerleader Bailiegh Ramsey is excitedly preparing to advance to regionals. 

“We prepared for districts by coming together and realizing that we are doing this as a team. We stuck by that and it got us there. We knew that it was going to take a lot of work, but that is all we have done from the beginning. We worked hard for the win.” Says Ramsey.

Along with hard work, knowing the fact that the cheer team will advance to regionals was another victory in Ramsey’s eyes. 

“The best part was hearing our name get called for moving onto regionals, knowing that all of our hard work paid off!” Says Ramsey. “This win was really big for us, because we know our hard work has paid off, this is what we’ve been working for, and it’s finally here.” Says Ramsey. 

With this being a monumental win for the competitive cheer team, the team is excited to continue working hard to perform their best at the regional competition.