Unfortunate Fantasy Football Losers Pay the Price

Sophomore+JP+Welsh+dreading+his+Fantasy+Football+punishment+

Eliot McDonald

Sophomore JP Welsh dreading his Fantasy Football punishment

Eliot McDonald, Reporter

Fantasy Football is notorious for one thing and one thing only: punishments. As the Fantasy Football season comes to a conclusion, many unfortunate people across America are going to pay the price for coming last in their league. I asked students across the school about what their league punishment is and how they feel about it.

There are many classic punishments for coming in last. People such as sophomore JP Welsh are taking part in these classic events. Finishing with a record of 4-10 and coming in dead last, Welsh is going to partake in the absolute classic Wendy’s 4 for 4 mile. This entails 4 laps around a track (one mile) and eating a different item from the Wendy’s meal after finishing each lap as fast as you can. 

“It’s not gonna be fun and I might throw up once or twice but I should be fine,” said Welsh. 

Another league at RCHS is doing one of the most classic and tried and true fantasy football punishments of all time. Senior Cohen Paxton is a team manager in this league and speaks of how they came to their choice of punishment. 

“Going into the season we knew we wanted to have a punishment for last place. After many hours of watching videos on what other people had done we decided to make our punishment the 24 hours in Waffle House challenge,” said Paxton. While this may seem tortuous, there is a caveat. For every waffle you eat, you get an hour off the 24 hours. So if you were to eat ten waffles in one hour then you only have to stay thirteen more hours. This challenge is only as bad as how full you are when you walk in the restaurant. 

While punishments are most common in fantasy football, they can still happen when confident fans bet on their team and they lose the bet. 

Junior Caden Culp has made a bet with his family and friends to where if his beloved Tampa Bay Buccaneers don’t make it past the third round of the playoffs, then he has to do the Paqui one chip challenge. Unfortunately for Culp, the Buccaneers lost in the first round of the playoffs so this means that he has to eat the chip. Culp will have to eat one singular tortilla chip but it is not any normal chip. This chip contains seasonings from the two hottest peppers in the world and has a scoville unit rating of 2 million. This chip is around 400 times hotter than an average Jalapeno. “This might be bad…” said Culp