The student news site of Rockbridge County High School

THE PROWLER

THE PROWLER

THE PROWLER

Meet the Staff
Bryce Bell
Bryce Bell
Reporter

Junior Bryce Bell is a first year reporter on the Prowler staff. He is very excited to broaden his horizons in the field of writing. Bell is a multi-sport athlete who participates in golf during the fall,...

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this article belong to the reporter, and do not reflect the views held by Rockbridge County High School, the Prowler Staff, and its members.

Sports Bring Teams Together Through Mottoes

Andrew+McCoy+Takes+a+Practice+Swing+
Emily Boling
Andrew McCoy Takes a Practice Swing

As the calendar switches to September, fall athletes have begun to represent RCHS on the field of play. The coaches have created mottos or slogans to get their players working together towards bringing success to our Wildcat community. 

The junior varsity (JV) football, Coach Ben Kabzinski, or Coach K, uses the acronym EAT to keep his team motivated. 

“EAT stands  for Effort, Attitude, and Toughness. You do everything with great effort, a great attitude, and great toughness. This gives the team an identity to play for,” says Kabzinski. 

Coach Martin Cox, the coach of the varsity football team, goes by “play for your brothers and play for the community.”

“[It] just encourages them to work together and depend on one another,” says Cox. 

He uses this to remind his players that they’re playing for their friends, family, school, and the community.

The girls and boys cross country leader, Coach Julie Tisone, didn’t speak of any current motto. However in the past the team has used “part of the ship, part of the crew,” she says.  This was used to increase team spirit and encourage the team to work together.

Coach David Miller of the golf team has his players go by “improve each day.” The golf team has been very successful the past 12 years, and Coach Miller says it is because students are able to take that motto and implement it into their play. Since it is an individual sport, it is used to push them to see how much they can improve throughout the season.

All teams have their own unique mantras they go by, and they influence players in many different ways. This encouragement helps push them to victory for RCHS.