Victor Mycroft-Lynn Reter is a sophomore at RCHS, he’s just recently started his first week with Journalism one. With his love for writing and photography, Reter was inspired to join the Journalism group...

`Professional Football Excites Fans around RCHS

Football used in pro NFL football games. Photo by the New Orleans Saints.

As the National Football League’s (NFL) 104th season started up on Thursday, Sept. 7th, it shows promise of being even better than last year. Last year was one of the most entertaining football seasons of the decade because of the close matchups and tight playoff race.  The NFL looks to repeat itself in the upcoming season. Students, faculty, and  journalists have a lot to say about the upcoming season.

The last NFL season concluded with the Kansas City Chiefs winning the 57th  Super Bowl,  but this year the playoff race might look very different with some teams improving and some getting worse. As week one is getting closer, teams are making the final tweaks to their rosters to hopefully win on week one. Many students are big fans of the NFL, and when asked about week one matchup predictions and favorites, here’s what they had to say.                            

Junior Paul Drumbl gave his thoughts about his favorite week one teams and matchups.

“Coming into week one my favorite team is probably the Bengals,” said Drumbl. “ I’m really looking forward to the Monday night football game between the Bills and Jets because I think it will be an exciting game.”

The Bills and Jets are playing on Monday Sept. 11th, these two teams are looking very promising for the upcoming season. The Jets have added to their offensive weapons with the addition of Aaron Rodgers, while the Bills have kept most of their strong team the same.

With the start of a new season coming upon us, many people already have the Super Bowl on their minds. 

Freshman Finbar Looney gave his bold predictions about Super Bowl 58. 

“I think that the Super Bowl will be between the Commanders and Jaguars, with the commanders winning in a close one,” said Looney.

The Commanders and the Jaguars are two very promising teams. Both teams had good seasons last year, and look as though they can only get better. What makes this take bold and interesting is that the Commanders are in arguably one of the best divisions in the NFL, competing with the Eagles, Giants, and the Cowboys.

Another Freshman, Jonathan Roy, also gave his predictions about the Super Bowl.

“The NFL this year looks like it could be a repeat of a former Super Bowl, Chiefs and 49ers. Both these teams have the talent to get back to that spot,” said Roy.

The NFLs 54th Super Bowl was the Chiefs and the 49ers, the game ended with chiefs being victorious, thus proving Patrick Mahomes as one of the best in the league. Both teams are looking extremely well through the first three weeks and this matchup could definitely become true on the biggest stage. 

Professional football is one of the most exciting sports in America, and around 72% of Americans watch the games. Last year’s Super Bowl tallied 113.06 million viewers, which is around ten million more than last year’s game. In conclusion, lots of people are excited for the start of professional football no matter what team they cheer for. 

According to Chicago Bears,