Jack Jensen
Jack Jensen
Reporter

Jack Jensen is a junior who is in his first year on the Prowler staff. This year, Jensen will work as a reporter. Jensen is excited to construct some swag articles and create fire Wildcat Weekly videos....

Looking at New Faces in the Band

This year, the band is excited to welcome a couple new faces. Freshmen Philip Brooke, Vaelyn Drake, Dmitriy Billias, Sierra Boxler, Calvin Clark, Sammy Eastwood, Ezra Kelland, Rowan Moles,  and Avery McDaniel all joined the band this year. , . 

The new band members will be playing with the returning band members. The band gives  half-time performances at football games, and they continue to play in the stands for the rest of the game. They also play  the national anthem to kick off the games each Friday night . 

During their half-time shows, the whole band gathers on the field to  perform  different marches while the crowd cheers. They also perform in competitions against  other school bands. 

Freshman Philip Brooke is one new member of the band. He plays the baritone saxophone. 

“I  enjoy all of the people in the band,” said Brooke. 

Mrs. Miranda Fitzgerald is the band teacher. She is leading these new musicians to be the rising  stars of the band. 

Philip Brooke shares his thoughts on their leader, Mrs. Fitzgerald. 

“Mrs. Fitzgerald is a great band teacher,” said Brooke,  “I  love doing band with her.” 

Calvin Clark, one of the new freshmen of the band this year says “We get to improvise and not just play music but get to write the music as well.” The band is a great opportunity for new and returning students of RCHS to get involved with an activity in the school as well as meet new people. Rowan Moles says “my favorite part of the band is connecting with other members. I enjoy working as a team to create a beautiful picture using both music and movement.” Being in the band offers so many opportunities to meet new people, as well as play music with your peers. Sammy Eastwood says that his favorite part of the band is “playing my trumpet.” So many people who are in the band enjoy it, and have a great time doing it.