The student news site of Rockbridge County High School

THE PROWLER

THE PROWLER

THE PROWLER

Meet the Staff

This is junior Alyssa Hunter’s first year as a reporter  with the Prowler staff. She is usually sitting somewhere reading a book or sketching. Art could be considered her longtime passion, and something...

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this article belong to the reporter, and do not reflect the views held by Rockbridge County High School, the Prowler Staff, and its members.

Wildcats Make a Splash

Will Gibbs Chasing Gold by Chase Lowney

As the Wildcat swim season gradually draws to a close, it is clear that they have had a season marked by success. Going through highs and lows during the winter months, the swim team constantly demonstrated resilience by finding ways to fill their season with victory through their hard work and effort.

Teaching new swimmers and improving talents of the old, the Rockbridge swim team treaded towards several high placements on the leaderboards. The boys’ team increased the amount of points earned, managing to reach 200 more points than their 2021 season’s 100 with ease. The girls’ team stayed steady, though they did not achieve the most points they have ever earned, their performance was still very worthy of applause.

First year swimmer, senior Quinn Fountain had given her opinion on the season. “It was a good balance of wins and losses. It was plenty of fun…I met a bunch of cool people and got closer with the ones I already knew,” Fountain said.

Olive King a PMHS junior on the team also spoke up. “I felt pretty good about how I did! States was a little disappointing getting 3rd and 4th but it was better than I got last year. I got a lot of PRs in multiple events and felt like I had a decent season,” King said.

Two notable meets within the team’s season were the Nov. 29 Broadway Invite at Westover and the Dec. 30 Alleghany vs. Rockbridge & Will. The Westover meet brought in three gold medals and three silver and the Alleghany meet brought in two gold medals and one silver medal.

Overall, the Rockbridge swim team has been putting their all into their sport and have had a successful season so far, and the swimmers are still fighting as it comes to an end.