Jeffrey Wiseman

Jeffrey+Wiseman

Brooke Gardner, Reporter

Jeffrey Wiseman is the new automotive technology teacher at RCHS. Although this is his first year teaching high school students, he enjoys his job and the obstacles he faces every day.
“It’s something different everyday. There’s always going to be a challenge,” said Wiseman. “There’s always going to be new adventure. Everyday you never know where you’re going to begin.”
This challenge is what pushes Wiseman to come to work every day. Wiseman is from Verona, Va. Before teaching at the high school level, Wiseman worked at Valley Career and Technical School, located in Fishersville, Va, for five years. He taught basic and advanced automotive classes to adults.
While attending Blue Ridge Community College, Wiseman studied automotive analysis and repair. There, he learned how to diagnose a problem with a vehicle and fix it.
Before teaching, Wiseman was a shop foreman at the Harrisonburg Public Department of Public Transportation and worked at the Augusta County Transportation Department.
Wiseman has worked for a Toyota and a Hyundai Dealership, where he became both Toyota and Hyundai certified.
Outside of teaching, Wiseman enjoys hunting and playing football, basketball, and volleyball. Wiseman has a two-year old son and two-month old daughter at home, so he spends a great amount of free time playing with his kids.
Wiseman prefers teaching at RCHS over teaching at Valley Career and Technical School because of the great staff.
“I get a lot of enjoyment out of when the student learns something and when I can share my knowledge and experience with students,” said Wiseman. “I have never felt more welcomed at a job than I am at Rockbridge.”