24/7 Walk-a-thon

24%2F7+Walk-a-thon

Maxwell Pearson, Reporter

On April 26, the Freshman SCA’s fundraiser event launched with the hopes of raising money for their class while getting students to stay active and moving. This event’s title, 24/7 Walk-a-thon was named after the class of 2024 and the fact that the fundraiser lasted for 7 days. The Freshman council, consisting of Abigail Sperry, Ella Schmidt, Hallie Darmante, Madeline Dahl, Nicole Black, and Amiyah McCoy have worked tirelessly with their sponsors Ms. Troise and Dr. Hayslette to create a successful fundraiser.

Freshman students who registered found sponsors who would pay a certain amount of money per 1,000 steps that the student took in a day. Sponsors included friends, upperclassmen, families, teachers, and any other sponsor who wanted to support the Freshman class. The money is being used for a variety of things such as senior events, Homecoming decorations, and Prom. 

“Our goal for the fundraiser is obviously to collect funds for future ventures but we are also hoping that this will serve as an opportunity for RCHS students to get active despite COVID restrictions,” said Freshman council member Hallie Darmante. 

The fundraiser lasted for a week and ended on May 2. The council is currently in the process of collecting the donations and tallying up how many steps were taken. They hope that this fundraiser gives them a head start on the funds they will need over the next four years and that the Freshmen had fun while getting steps for donations for their class.