Breaking News

Claire Sigler is a sophomore at Rockbridge County High School. This is her first year as a Prowler reporter and she is ecstatic to be involved with the school's newspaper. In her free time, Sigler enjoys...

Japan Trip Interview

Victor Mycroft-Lynn Reter
Japan Trip Poster in RCHS Hallway

Ms. Brooks, English teacher, group leader, member of the travel council for tours at Rockbridge County High, speaks out about the upcoming Japan trip in 2025. This trip marks the 3rd since last year when her and Mrs. Cynthia Spangler took over the organization..

“The trip is a way to take learning out of the classroom, and put it into cultural locations,” said Brooks. 

The group for the trip will be leaving in June 2025 specific day still unknown, from the Dulles Airport. If not the Dulles Airport, the group will still be flying out  from the state of Virginia. 

Brooks’ explains her reasoning for choosing these trips for students. 

“We choose places of high interest in the school, and places that are difficult for one person to navigate on their own,” said Brooks. 

Currently, 59 students are enrolled for the upcoming trip, leaving many spots still open for other students. Brooks gives advice for students attending the trip. 

“Learn more about Japanese culture and customs, if you haven’t already,” said Brooks.  

Brooks’ plans for the Japan trip include viewing monuments, temples, and shrines of Japan, such as Mount Fuji in Japan, the Harajuku St, and the Tokyo Tower.

Brooks also adds information about joining.

“If you are interested in joining, enrollment stops at the end of September. However the 2026 tour will be announced at the end of this semester.”  The Japan trip is offering students an exclusive opportunity to visit other countries, and learn about other cultures.