The student news site of Rockbridge County High School

THE PROWLER

THE PROWLER

THE PROWLER

Meet the Staff
Bella Fitch
Bella Fitch
Reporter

Sophomore Bella Fitch is a first-year reporter for the Prowler. She decided to join the Prowler because she is passionate about writing. She thought it would be a fun change of pace to write articles and...

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this article belong to the reporter, and do not reflect the views held by Rockbridge County High School, the Prowler Staff, and its members.

Students Arrive to School in Style

174 students are driving to school this year, there are a lot of cars crowded in one parking lot.  This means students get to see a variety of vehicles in the mornings and afternoons.

Due to the construction on the new CTE wing of the building the parking this year has looked a bit different. The junior lot has now become the junior and senior lot because the pick up line has moved to where the senior lot used to be. Now early release seniors park in the bus lot while the rest of them park in the J lot. 

Turning 16 is an exciting time for any teen because it means that the long awaited time to get your driver’s license is only three months away. Many students drive to school everyday, and some drive very interesting vehicles. 

When you take a walk through the parking lot here are many different vehicles, some students drive cars while others drive trucks. There are different things that students like about cars, whether that be the color, the style, or the model. 

When getting a first car, some students choose different ways to customize their vehicles, for example bigger tires or exhaust. Some students make smaller changes, such as tinting the windows or adding little decals to the outside. 

Three students were interviewed on the vehicles they drive to school and why they like their vehicles. 

Chelsey Hall 

Q: What vehicle do you drive?

A: I drive a red 2000 Ford F-250.

Q: Why do you like it?

A: I like it because it’s lifted and I get to fix it up the way I like. 

Q: Why did you choose it?

A: I chose to drive it because all my family has ever had is trucks and I like to prove that girls can drive lifted trucks too.

Thomas Armstrong 

Q: What vehicle do you drive?

A: I drive a 2006 Ford F-150 named Feona.

Q: Why do you like it?

A: I like to drive it because I spent many hours rebuilding this truck a few years ago.

Q: Why did you choose it?

A:  It’s a very easy and convenient vehicle to drive for me.

Elizabeth McCormick 

Q: What vehicle do you drive?

A: I drive a Mazda 2021 CX-5.

Q: Why do you like it?

A:I like it because it’s a mom car.

Q:Why did you choose it? 

A: I chose it because the inside looks cool.