The student news site of Rockbridge County High School

THE PROWLER

THE PROWLER

THE PROWLER

Meet the Staff

Sophomore McKenna Chittum is a first year reporter. Chittum joined journalism to interview and to socialize with others. Chittum is a RCHS cheerleader. In her free time she can be found watching true crime...

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this article belong to the reporter, and do not reflect the views held by Rockbridge County High School, the Prowler Staff, and its members.

Reviewing The Live Action Series Avatar The Last AirBender

After about two decades a popular animated series, “Avatar: The Last AirBender,” has gotten a live action adaptation. While the original was made in 2005, this adaptation is for a more mature audience than the animated series. The first season closely resembles book one of the animated series.

Avatar: the Last AirBender is a series based on four tribes (earth, fire, water, and air) that can “bend” elements. 

Previously they attempted to recreate Avatar: The Last Airbender into a live action movie in 2010. This film failed miserably with 1.7 out of five stars.

They definitely improved in visual effects and actor selection since then. The actors resembled the characters really well, capturing the seriousness of them but yet their young minded selves. The visual effects are also great with some room of improvement. Overall they did a great job and had a strong opening with 21.2 million views for the first 4 days of the release.

A student looking at a preview of Avatar The Last AirBender (Oliver Moore)