Stephen Wells
Stephen Wells
Arts & Style Editor

Senior Stephen Wells is a 3rd year reporter who avidly authors ‘film-bro’ movie reviews and edits arts and styles articles during Rockbridge’s Prowler class. Wells is attempting to make an imprint...

The Smell of Pumpkin and Apple Drinks Spreads Through the Halls of RCHS

Fall Drink Menu Outside of the Lexington Starbucks location.
G

As the seasons are changing, Rockbridge County is excited about the arrival of fall drinks at Starbucks. Since Starbucks recently opened on Sept. 22 in Lexington, it has been busier than ever. 

Mornings and afternoons at Starbucks have specifically been the busiest, many students bring it to school. This has increased the popularity of all their seasonal flavored coffees and teas. (See this video from the Prowler staff filmed on the day Starbucks opened).

Since Starbucks has many different fall drinks, there are many available options.

The Starbucks fall themed menu includes the Pumpkin Spice Latte, Pumpkin Cream Chai Tea Latte, Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino, Apple Crisp Shaken Espresso, and the Apple Crisp Oatmilk Macchiato. All of these drinks may be customized differently and some are served as hot or cold. 

A poll was created including the four most popular and newest fall drinks for students to participate in sharing their favorites. There were 165 total responses.

72 students voted that the best Fall Starbucks drink is the Pumpkin Spice Latte(43.6%). 

This drink can be made iced or hot, depending on the person’s preference. Some students choose to customize their drink and/or add-on, many choose to add sweet cold

foams; pumpkin or vanilla. 

Freshman Katarina Alexander talks about her favorite fall drink, which happens to be the majority voted drink among the student body.

“I like the Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte. Iced drinks are really good because the ice keeps it cold and the pumpkin spice is very scrumptious,” said Alexander.

The second most popular fall drink was the Pumpkin Cream Chai Tea Latte with 37 votes, at 22.4%. This drink can also be made as hot or iced, additionally with customizations and add-ons as well. 

Sophomore Price Lunsford talks about the Pumpkin Cream Chai Tea Latte, sharing their opinion. 

“I get the Pumpkin Cream Chai Tea Latte because the Chai Tea is good for my health and it’s tasty,” said Lunsford.

Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso and Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew were voted third and fourth by the student body. The Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken 

Espresso received a percentage of 17.6 with 29 votes and was closely followed, at 16.4% with 27 votes, by the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew.

Another drink that a student brought to our attention that was missed within our poll would be the Apple Crisp Macchiato. This drink has been available at Starbucks since 2021,  and is considered a favorite fall drink as well. 

Junior Josephine Kuehner shares her order when she goes to Starbucks for the fall season.

“I order the Apple Crisp Macchiato. I love the apple taste, it reminds me of an apple pie,” said Kuehner.

Both the Apple Crisp Macchiato and Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino were not listed in the poll for voting, but are RCHS students favorites when it comes to fall drinks.

To find more Starbucks fall favorites, the menu, or to order drinks online, visit https://www.starbucks.com/ or visit Lexington’s new Starbucks location, 744 N Lee Hwy, Lexington, VA 24450.