Sophomore Jasmine Wilmore is a first-year reporter for the Prowler. Wilmore joined Journalism this year to expand her knowledge about writing and become more involved in the RCHS community. Wilmore participates...

New Restaurants Excite Lexington

Stephen Bruner poses with the Chick-fil-a cow as they break ground.

Over the last few months, Lexington has seen multiple new food chains open their doors in town. Jersey Mikes opened in Lexington Crossing Shopping Center. Starbucks opened Sept. 22 in the College Square Shopping Center. Dunkin’ Donuts is preparing to open their doors as well, although the opening date is not published. 

The next food chain that is causing a buzz amongst students and staff alike is Chick Fil A, slated to open in December of 2023. [this is also significant because of its proximity to the high school.]

Stephen Bruner is the owner/operator of the soon to be Chick-fil-A and shared some insights on how the community has responded to the new business. 

“We wanted to come to Lexington because Lexington has great people. When we first reached out we just fell in love with the people. They brought us in, between the local school systems and the Chamber of Commerce, and it was super exciting to build that relationship,” said Bruner.

Bruner shared what made him want to be an entrepreneur. 

“This is my first time starting a franchise specifically in the restaurant business. I grew up always wanting to be an entrepreneur, I delivered newspapers, I mowed lawns growing up, and I dabbled in real estate and investments,” said Bruner.

Chick-fil-a the perfect match for Burner. 

“As I got out of the US Army, I wanted to own my own business, and I really wanted to find an organization that nested with our core values, and what my family believed in and what Chick-fil-A believed in as well. Chick-fil-A and myself believe in the sense of local ownership and being embedded in the community.”

As of now, Chick-fil-A is over halfway done in their building process and is slated to open mid December. Hiring has begun, so if you would like to apply text “CHICKEN” to (540) 340-9861.