The student news site of Rockbridge County High School

THE PROWLER

THE PROWLER

THE PROWLER

Meet the Staff

Jackson Speers is a senior at Rockbridge County and a first year reporter for the Prowler. Speers is stoked to be on the journalism team and is ready to, “drop some heat.” He’s a part of Rockbridge’s...

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this article belong to the reporter, and do not reflect the views held by Rockbridge County High School, the Prowler Staff, and its members.

Students Lip Sync for a Cause

Lip sync acts gather on stage for judge’s results. Photo courtesy Hallie Darmante.

This past Friday, Feb. 16, National Honors Society (NHS) and the Student Council Association (SCA) joined forces to produce the 11th annual Lip Sync Battle Contest. The Lip Sync Battle, which raises money and awareness for cystic fibrosis, is a cherished event at Rockbridge County High School and has brought support to many students and families in our community dealing with this illness. 

Various acts performed with appearances from the track team, soccer team, the Rockbridge Ballet, and the Prowler. 

NHS member Senior Hannah Stephens shares how she thinks ths event went. 

“I think that the emcees and the acts went smoothly and came together quite nicely. The whole show ran smoothly and there were only a couple hiccups with the raffle baskets. I would love to see more acts next year and even more community involvement,” said Stephens. 

In the end, the Rockbridge Ballet won with their act of “Dancing Queens” which was a medley of songs from the acclaimed musical, Mama Mia.

Stephens shares how her group prepared for their dance routine and what winning meant to her. 

We spent about two hours after school preparing and went over it a couple of times before the show. Winning meant the world to me, as it is my senior year and it was nice to do something with some of my friends that was just fun and so easily enjoyable,” said Stephens. 

With 10 acts, a lengthy intermission, and a pleased audience, the 2024 lip sync was a raging success once again.