The student news site of Rockbridge County High School

THE PROWLER

THE PROWLER

THE PROWLER

Meet the Staff

Sophomore Lillian Woody is thrilled for her first year of journalism and becoming a reporter for the prowler. Her birthday is September 12.  She likes to read and run during her free time.  She is a...

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this article belong to the reporter, and do not reflect the views held by Rockbridge County High School, the Prowler Staff, and its members.

Wrestling Pins Competition

Hudson+Ryan+pins+opposing+team.++
Bella Fitch
Hudson Ryan pins opposing team.

The 2023-2024 season is in full swing for wrestling. The team has competed in 19 competitions and has had many great outcomes. With plenty of team achievements there have also been lots of individual wins. 

The team recently competed against Parry Mcluer at home for their senior night and the Wildcats were able to take the win. 

Senior Sawyer Hattersley shares his contributions to the team this year. 

“My personal season had a rocky start, but has picked up a lot the last few weeks. I placed 4th at the Titan Toughman Tournament, and my record there was 6-2. Then I placed 3rd at the LCA Invitational. There, my record was 5-1. I am excited to head into districts soon and see how the season goes,” said Hattersly. 

Hattersly placed first in the district competition. 

Senior Stephanie Ross gave her opinion on how the season is going. 

“The season overall has been great, wrestling is not an easy sport, but everyone puts in their effort. Hopefully we will continue to get better and bring more people to states this year,” said Ross. 

The team has competed in 19 tournaments and will compete in a region tournament at Brookville highschool for their next meet.