Dean Fafatas is a sophomore reporter for The Prowler. This will be his first year in journalism, and he couldn't be more excited. In his free time, Fafatas likes to hang out with friends or watch  movies....

PA System to Arrive By End of Month

“Team Installs Clock in the Commons” by Will Gibbs

Students, faculty, and staff began classes this August with a change to their normal routine : no Public Address (PA) system.  

According to Dr. Mike Craft, the thirty-year-old system finally stopped working this summer. 

“We tried to get parts to replace it, but it was so obsolete that it didn’t work,” said Craft.

This is a worrisome problem as the PA system is essential to the operations of the school. It does everything from calling students to check out to providing critical information in emergencies.

Unfortunately, there was a lag in receiving funds for the system and in acquiring parts and labor for the system. This has left the school PA-less for the entirety of the first semester.

At last, right before Thanksgiving break, contractors began putting in the new system. Although the hope was that the new system would be up in two weeks or less, the setup has been a long, painstaking process.

However, hopefully the long wait is over. 

“They are to the point of hooking everything up,” said Craft. “It will hopefully be ready by the end of January.”