The student news site of Rockbridge County High School

THE PROWLER

THE PROWLER

THE PROWLER

Meet the Staff

Spencer Pfaff is a junior at Rockbridge County High School. This is his first year writing for the Prowler. He is an accomplished swimmer, placing sixth and seventh at the Virginia Class 3 State Championship...

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this article belong to the reporter, and do not reflect the views held by Rockbridge County High School, the Prowler Staff, and its members.

Boy’s Lax Adds a Win to the Books

Boys+team+celebrates+after+a+goal.+
Stephanie Blevins
Boys team celebrates after a goal.

To make the record 2-5, the Cat’s beat the Charlottesville Black Knights 14-5 Thurs. April 18.  

The Cat’s started off with a 1-1 goal standstill before quickly pulling ahead, ending the half with an 8-1 lead. 

Junior midfielder Andrew Kelley won a majority of the face offs, gaining the valuable possession that the Cat’s have been searching for all season. Also on the draw team, senior long stick midfielder Jackson Speeers, collected face off possessions from the wing, contributing to the overall success of the Cat’s. 

Combined with lacking stick skills from the Knights and the lockdown defense that the boys showed, the Knights had few opportunities to score. Sophomore long stick defender Caleb Robinson, plays a crucial role in the Cat’s defense, and talks about his role on the team. 

“My job as a long stick defender is to put a body on someone,” said Robinson. “Obviously we try to give them little chances to score, but another key piece is to clear the ball up the field to the attackers.” 

Junior defensive midfielder Elijah Fox had a standout game as well, playing solid feet first defense that helped accumulate caused turnovers. 

Junior goalies Jack Jensen and Ashton Taylor split time, each taking a half. Jensen let in one during the first half, while Taylor let in four in the second, but overall the two of them contributed with a number of saves. The final score ended up 14-5. 

The Cat’s next home game is Thurs. April 25 against Patrick Henry High School.