Breaking News

Sean Martino
Sean Martino
Opinion Editor

Sean Martino is a senior editor in his second year of Journalism. Martino has been a Sports Editor in the past and is now an Opinion Editor. He is looking forward to working with the wonderful Prowler...

Students Share Opinions on Seasonal Styling

Claire Sigler
Junior Madelyn Jones shows off her favorite winter outfit.

As the seasons change, so do the clothes we wear.  It is important to stay dressed appropriately for the weather you’re in. 

In the summertime, you may catch students wearing t-shirts, shorts, or sandals. Though as the temperature drops, students will be seen wearing oversized sweatshirts, sweaters, jeans, or boots. Every season has a style of clothing that goes along with it, which is why I asked students if they like winter clothes or summer clothes better. 

In a poll sent out to students, 26.4% said that they preferred dressing for warm weather. In comparison, 73.6% voted that they would rather dress for cold weather. With many options to wear in the summer and winter, students share their favorites.

Junior Madelyn Jones talks about her preferred seasonal clothing. 

“I prefer wearing winter clothes, definitely,” said Jones.

She also includes her favorite outfit and what she wears when it gets colder.

“I love wearing loose jeans, and a nice fitted top, like a halter top, and my Birkenstocks. When it gets cold, I usually wear an oversized sweatshirt,” said Jones. 

Freshman Pat Looney also gave his opinion if he would rather wear winter or summer clothes.

“I prefer wearing winter clothes. My favorite outfit to wear is baggy sweatpants, probably my HeyDudes, and a loose t-shirt,” said Looney.

In an interview with Sophomore Bella Dorey, a new perspective is added.

“My favorite season is fall. My favorite outfit to wear is sweaters and baggy jeans, because it reminds me of the season of fall,”said Dorey. 

As seen in the results of the poll, students drastically prefer dressing for the colder seasons, because of the variety of clothing available.