Maddie Dahl
Maddie Dahl
Editor-in-Chief

Senior Maddie Dahl is a second year member and Editor in Chief of the Prowler. Dahl represents RCHS on the volleyball court during the fall and the lacrosse field in the spring. Off the field and outside...

Knights Beat’ Cats

Senior+football+players+and+their+families.+Photo+courtesy+of+Rockbridge+Athletics.+++
Senior football players and their families. Photo courtesy of Rockbridge Athletics.

Senior football Wildcats played their last home game against the Knights of Turner Ashby Oct. 27. Before the game all of the senior football players, band members, cheerleaders, cross country members, and golf players were honored on the field. Each senior from all fall sports were walked out by family members including track, band, cheer and football. 

During the first quarter the Knights took the lead, but there was still hope as the cats’ moved closer to the endzone. 

Junior Simon Emore was able to rush the ball 40 yards, before being stopped by the Knights Defense. 

We weren’t off to a great start so I was thinking we needed a great return for good field position so we could hopefully try to get down and score. I caught the ball and started sprinting. I felt great running down the sideline. I was able to take it about 40 yards I believe and set the guys up for good field position and it felt great because the best feeling in the world is when you do something great and your teammates are jumping up and down and celebrating for you so I was ecstatic,” said Emore. 

The final score of the game was 0-55 Knights. 

The Wildcats’ record is 0-9. The Cats will play their final game of the season on Nov. 3 at William Monroe.