Jud Beacham
Jud Beacham
Reporter

Jud Beacham is a Junior at Rockbridge County High School. He took journalism this year because of all the fun opportunities it provides. This is his first year in journalism and he is looking forward to...

Boys Basketball Falls to the Indians of Fort Defiance

Lola Mulitalo
Senior Milo Mulitalo takes a free throw.

The Wildcat basketball team took their second loss of the week Wednesday Dec. 6. It was their second home game of the season, and they faced off against the Fort Defiance Indians. The game started off with an electric first half, with the Wildcats and Indians trading leads back and forth. 

However, the ‘Cats started to slow down in the second half, possibly due to having games on back to back nights. 

Senior guard Henry Lambert scored 11 points against the Indians. Lambert comments on the game, and how they can improve as the season progresses. 

“We started off with a great first half,” said Lambert, “But we got too tired when it came to the second. In the future, if we keep that same first half energy throughout the whole game, we are going to win.”

The match ended in a 71-91 loss for the Wildcats, leaving them with an 0-3 record. Junior forward Sam Ballstaedt led the team with 17 points, followed by Ian Johnson and Milo Mulitalo who each scored 14 and 13, respectively. 

The next home game for the Wildcats is Friday, Dec. 15 against East Rockingham High School, so come out and support your RCHS boys basketball program!