Cameron Terry
Cameron Terry
Sports Editor

Junior Cameron Terry is a second year reporter and  first year sports editor. As a sports editor, she is eager to learn more about the various sports terminologies, expand her horizons, and meet new people...

Blazers Brush Past the Wildcats

Addie Flint
Junior Zane Ramsey playing defense in transition.

The Boys Basketball team took on the Spotswood Blazers Friday, Jan. 5. The Blazers were an undefeated team, and came out with an even stronger record of 12-0 after the game. The ‘Cats fell with a score of 40-83. The Wildcats are now 1-3 in the Valley District with an overall record of 1-11. 

The ‘Cats were led by senior guard Henry Lambert who scored 13 points against the Blazers. Following Lambert, senior center Milo Mulitalo put up 10 points for the Wildcats. 

Junior Zane Ramsey is another guard for the Wildcats. Ramsey spoke on his outlook for the rest of the season. 

“Right now our overall win rate is pretty low,” said Ramsey, “but I believe if we can fight for some district games and get a few good wins, we could make district playoffs.” 

Ramsey believes his goal is shared among the rest of his teammates. 

“It is not going to be handed to us easily, but I would believe that this is everyone’s goal this year,” said Ramsey. 

This week, the Wildcats will travel to Turner Ashby High School to take on the Knights Wednesday, Jan. 10, and then they will host the Dragons of William Monroe High School Friday, Jan. 12. Both varsity games are scheduled to begin at 7:00 p.m.. Come out and support the team as they strive to put some district wins on the board!