Victor Mycroft-Lynn Reter is a sophomore at RCHS, he’s just recently started his first week with Journalism one. With his love for writing and photography, Reter was inspired to join the Journalism group...

RCHS Boys Fall to Eastern Mennonite and Finish Out Their Season

Senior center Milo Mulitalo puts two of his 15 points on the board. Photo courtesy of Stephanie Mikels Blevins.

The Boys Basketball team took on the Eastern Mennonite School Friday, Jan. 26. The game was part of the annual Rock the Ribbon fundraising tournament. Eastern Mennonite beat out the Wildcats with a score of 69-56. 

Senior guard Henry Lambert led the ‘Cats with 16 points. Lambert was followed closely by senior center Milo Mulitalo who put up 15 points. Not only was Lambert the leading scorer, but his performance also earned him a spot on the all-tournament team with “Player of the Game” recognition. 

Lambert gave his thoughts on how the game turned out. 

“We fought hard, but in the end it came down to the little things,” said Lambert. “We need to rebound with more effort and intensity.”

The Wildcats took two more tough losses on the road at Spotswood High School and East Rockingham High School before they were faced with their last home game of the season against Turner Ashby High School. 

The ‘Cats proved themselves in a thrilling overtime victory defeating the Knights 67-66. Lambert again led with 21 points. This senior night win was an uplifting moment for the Wildcats, and helped end their season on a high note. The Wildcats finished the season with a 3-21 overall record and a 3-10 Valley District record. Losing their five seniors will be an adjustment, but the program is ready to work in the offseason and bounce back next year.