The student news site of Rockbridge County High School

THE PROWLER

THE PROWLER

THE PROWLER

Meet the Staff

Sophomore Jasmine Wilmore is a first-year reporter for the Prowler. Wilmore joined Journalism this year to expand her knowledge about writing and become more involved in the RCHS community. Wilmore participates...

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this article belong to the reporter, and do not reflect the views held by Rockbridge County High School, the Prowler Staff, and its members.

New Cupcake Shop Joins Washington Street

Olivia Hickman
Sign of Cupcake Heaven in Downtown Lexington

The Mulitalo family is in the process of opening a new store front of Cupcake Heaven on Washington Street in Lexington, VA. Although, they don’t know exactly when they are opening, they hope to have a soft opening by the second week of October as they are having trouble finishing up some construction. 

One of the owners of the store, Laura Mulitalo, talked about the process of how the flavors will be picked each week. 

“85% of it is cupcakes and there are 68 different flavors. However, we won’t have all those flavors as a selection every day. We have 8 regular flavors throughout any day that you come in. You have 8 standard flavors and then we have 4 rotating weekly,” said Mulitalo. 

Some of the flavors offered are Chocolate Bliss, Vanilla Divine,  Red Velvet with Cream Cheese,  Cookies n’ Cream and many more unique flavors.

There will be drinks and other baked goods in addition to cupcakes. When you go get a cupcake you will also have an option to get a coffee.  

“We’ll also offer drinks. We have espresso, cappuccino, latte, or chai latte coffee, and we also have a frappe. We have 3 different flavors of smoothies. There’s strawberry, strawberry banana, and  mango smoothie,” said Mulitalo.

If you are gluten free or not feeling a cupcake, but still want to stop by, there are still options for you. 

“Anybody looking for something gluten free will have a choice. We will also have two or three other things that people can choose from like a scone, muffin or brownie,” said Mulitalo.

This will be the 3rd location for Cupcake Heaven. The two other locations for cupcake heaven are in Haymarket and another in Marshall, Virginia. Their hours are from 8-7. The hours for the Lexington location are still being figured out.

“I think initially when we start out we are going to have those hours and are going to see what our busiest times are,” said Mulitalo. 

For the students of RCHS, Cupcake Heaven will hopefully be a place for them to get a good treat. 

“I hope to be open later so it’s a place where people can feel free to stop by, you know, after school, after practice, after their job and get a treat,” said Mulitalo.

This fall, keep your eyes open for the soft opening of Cupcake Heaven in downtown Lexington.