Sophomore Lillian Woody is thrilled for her first year of journalism and becoming a reporter for the prowler. Her birthday is September 12.  She likes to read and run during her free time.  She is a...

Universal Announces Brand New Universe

Universal Theme Parks recently announced a new theme park that will be coming out in 2025. This new theme park is called Universal Epic Universe.

This will be the fourth theme park within Universal Orlando’s Resorts. It will be the largest Universe yet, built on 750 acres of land. 

This park will include more than 50 new attractions, entertainment experiences, and F&B outlets within 5 worlds. Along with the new parks, they will also be building brand new hotels opening in the beginning of 2025, including Universal Stella Nova Resort and Universal Terra Luna resort, which will be located next to the park. Also, there will be one more premier hotel located within walking distance of the park, Universal Helios Grand Hotel.

While entering the park, you will begin in Celestial Park which will then lead you to the four “portals” which is where the four other worlds will be located. The other worlds are: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Ministry of Magic, Super Nintendo World, How to Train Your Dragon – Isle of Berk, and Dark Universe.

This new park may be very exciting to many, but I do not think it would be worth all the trouble and costs. It is a nice park, just as every Universal park always has been, but it does not compare to the original parks that have been here since the beginning. 

With much advertising, Universal is attempting to make these new parks and hotels the next big thing in their journey. I believe that this park may still be popular, as Universal usually gets an incredible audience within their entertainments and parks. Although, the Universal Epic Universe park cannot compare to the other parks, like Magic Kingdom that is located inside Walt Disney World. 

The experience will not be the same, especially as technology advances with Universal. The very first parks to ever be created are the best and most memorable because they were during a time where the Universal and Disney experience was everything and there was not as much technology. The newest parks begin to change the experience with today’s society as they use more technology and advance their parks with it more and more.

The themes within the upcoming world are not as exciting or intriguing compared to the other worlds inside of Universal. They do not catch my attention that much, I also do not care for the topics they chose to make each new world from the chosen series/games. 

In general, Universal park cannot compare to Walt Disney World park and experience. To stay updated in this new universe process, you can follow along at the Universal Orlando website: https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/theme-parks/epic-universe

An infographic that includes the new parks within Universal Epic Universe and their proposed, animated photographs. (Faith Mohr)