Falls feels at home in Rockbridge

Byron Winchester, Business Manager

Melanie Falls is one of the newest administrators at RCHS.

“I have lived here since I was born. I have been a student, teacher, and administrator in Rockbridge County Public Schools,” said Falls. “There was no other place that I wanted to be. I love Rockbridge.”

At RCHS Wilder hopes to be involved with the Interact Club  “I had tremendous teachers in high school… Their relentless pursuit of my excellence made me want to inspire other students to do the same.” said Falls.

After teaching Algebra I, Sociology, Geography, Government, World History, and World History II at RCHS, Falls moved on to administrative positions.

“I became an assistant principal for Maury River Middle School, and Rockbridge County High School,” said Falls, “I then became an elementary principal at Effinger and Natural Bridge.”

With 20 years of experience under her belt, Falls is now the Supervisor of Attendance, Truancy, and Student Support Services at RCHS.

“I had tremendous teachers in high school,” said Falls. “Their relentless pursuit of my excellence made me want to inspire other students to do the same.” Some of Falls’ former faculty include former history teachers Liz Ramsey and Deborah Weddle who, are now substitutes in Rockbridge County Public School system. Falls also had science teacher Chris Bowring.

As the school year takes off, Falls is right at home.