The student news site of Rockbridge County High School

THE PROWLER

THE PROWLER

THE PROWLER

Meet the Staff

Sophomore Lola Mulitalo is a  first year reporter for theProwler. She loves being funny - some might even call her the dad joker. Lola always has a dad joke ready and can make any crowd stay quiet. When...

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this article belong to the reporter, and do not reflect the views held by Rockbridge County High School, the Prowler Staff, and its members.

Varsity Girls Take on Parry McCluer

Photo courtesy of Rockbridge Athletics.

Saturday, Jan. 13, the Varsity Wildcats basketball team hooped their way to a close loss with a score of 35-39 against Parry McCluer. While this season has been especially challenging for these girls with a new coach in the mix, this team is currently holding a record of 1-12. 

Parry McCluer was an exceptionally competitive team for the Wildcats as their current season record is 22-2. 

Junior Emma Clark, who led the team with 10 points, adds on to why this season has been difficult to adjust to. 

“It’s been hard this year since we got a new coach. He teaches us different plays and our practices have changed tremendously. We did so well against PM I think because of the adrenaline rush. They have always been our rival and it was just more exciting with a big crowd and to me I think we all really wanted to win and do good so we all chipped in and worked together and did what each of us were excellent at,” said Clark. 

We are excited to see what these cats do next and we wish them the best of luck as they work towards more wins to add to their record. The Cats’ play again Jan, 30 at home.